Traffic/MOT Engineer to work with the City of Chicago Project Coordination Office (PCO).
SQN Associates, LLC is seeking a traffic engineer to work with the City of Chicago Project Coordination Office (PCO).
- Review maintenance of traffic (MOT) plans and specifications related to City of Chicago permitting office
- Ensure MOT plans utilize appropriate signage and detours for vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrians
- Identify both short-term and long-term conflicts and coordinate the resolution between parties as needed
- Coordinate document review and approval process with stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree – Civil or Transportation Engineering, or closely related field
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of traffic / transportation engineering experience or construction management
- Basic computer applications, principles of advanced mathematics and their applications to traffic engineering work
- Theory, principles, and practices of civil and traffic engineering and design
- Applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulatory codes relevant to the assigned area of responsibility
- Familiarity with the City of Chicago OUC (Office of Underground Coordination) process is a plus